Junior Contracts & Procurement Attorney
On Call Counsel is seeking a junior New York licensed attorney with legal contracts and procurement experience for a long term temporary assignment in Downtown Brooklyn scheduled to begin as soon as possible.
This is a very junior-level position for individuals with 1 to 3 years of legal contracts or procurement experience. The pay rate will range between $31 to $35 per hour based on experience.
This is an excellent opportunity to enhance your contractual skills. If you have the listed requirements above and are interested in hearing more about this opportunity, please submit an updated resume in Word format, which highlights your experience as it relates to the position.
- Negotiating contract terms
- Drafting procurement and contract documents
- Problem solving and making recommendations as it pertains to contract compliance matters
- Analyzing and preparing legal opinions
- Drafting, reviewing, and ensuring conformity with laws, rules, and regulations
- Must be actively licensed to practice and in good standing in the state of New York
- 1 to 3 years of legal contracts or procurement experience
- Familiarity with contract compliance, or government procurement
- Accountable and proactive with excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, leadership, organizational, communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent legal writing skills
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and multi-task
- Detail oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools