The Income Building Specialist (IBS) is responsible for providing support to adult clients to determine their educational and employment goals, prepare clients for enrollment in programs for adult basic education such as English as a Second Language (ESL), General Education Diploma (GED), and post-secondary education. S/he works with local job training and placement sources for those clients who are ready for immediate job placement
- Provide individual and group counseling to all employable clients needing assistance in obtaining job training or employment.
- Review and discuss with clients employment profiles and assist clients with referrals to job training programs and potential employers.
- Provide individual and group coaching sessions on job search strategies, interviewing techniques, resume writing, completion of job applications, and other employment information.
- Assist clients in exploring options in obtaining higher income including accepting full time employment.
- Collaborate in the planning and execution of special events including job fairs organized by Win.
- Coordinate client attendance to sponsored events organized by NYC Human Resources Administration (HRA), nonprofit organizations, unions and other potential employers.
- Track all employment referrals and maintain open communication with potential employers.
- Collaborate with Case Managers to ensure that income building goals and metrics are met.
- Ensure linkages with job training programs for the clients and access to job training resources in New York City.
- Maintain updated case notes in for each client and file all required documentation in the clients case file.
- Conduct weekly meetings with current clients and maintain documentation of all services provided.
- Commit to using evidence based practices (EBP), Motivational Interviewing (MI), Trauma Informed Care (TIC), family-centered case management, and boundary setting.
- Must work evenings, one Saturday each month, and holidays as scheduled.
- Must be able to escort clients to appointments and events using public transportation.
- BA/BS preferred plus two (2) years of successful practical experience in job placement and career coaching with adults
- Previous experience working in a social services setting focusing on homeless families a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to partner with potential employers and individuals to develop appropriate services for adults clients
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus