Midtown Law Firm is seeking an IP Secretary to join their firm.
- Type, transcribe and revise all communications and legal documents, charts and tables.
- Draft, create and update various attorney documents such as docket sheets and case file logs.
- Organize, prepare and maintain client and office files both in electronic and paper filing systems.
- Open and sort incoming communications via standard or electronic delivery and distribute appropriately.
- Process attorney weekly time summaries, expense reports, check requests and travel arrangements which include transportation, automobile rentals, and hotel reservations.
- Prepare and submit new client and/or new matter forms and sub-files.
- Working with clients’ electronic billing systems and monitoring billing processes.
- Coordinate, schedule and docket/calendar meetings, court reporters, conference calls and client tasks.
- Proofread all work for both content and context.
- Strong document processing skills.
- Strong project management skills
- Must have at least 5-7 years’ of IP experience.
- Experience and knowledge of patent and/or prosecution IP work is essential including familiarity with the PTO website and the PAIR System.
- Typing skills of 75+ w.p.m.
- Must possess strong organizational and communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be very detail oriented and able to multi-task.
- Strong document processing and project management skills.
- Proficient in advanced levels of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word and the use and application of Styles, Redlining, Adobe Pro and PDF Docs4.
- Must be able to operate the Firm’s software applications on an advanced level within a reasonable period of time, and possess excellent reading comprehension and proofreading skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications and able to professionally interact with clients, attorneys, and staff is required.
- Experience in working collaboratively and applying individual commitment to a group or team environment in the spirit of cooperation to successfully complete tasks efficiently and quickly.
- Experience with document management program – iManage DeskSite preferred.