- Reviewing investigative reports, both substantiated and unsubstantiated, to ensure that all allegations have been addressed, all necessary witnesses have been interviewed, and that the investigation was thoroughly conducted.
- Reviewing investigative files to ensure that all necessary documentation has been filed in accordance with investigative policies and procedures.
- Conducting research and preparing legal briefs and memorandum on education law issues. Reviewing complex, important, or highly technical laws, rules or regulations.
- Acting as liaison with executives within the agency.
- Admission to the New York State Bar.
- Minimum of one year of substantive experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand provisions of applicable laws and regulations.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Efficient legal research skills.