The Intake Coordinator provides support to the VITA site. He/she is the first point of contact. The intake/Benefit Access performs the initial screening of all clients to determine the assistance needed and assure that the client have all documentation needed and/or whether we can prepare the tax return and to assure if the clients may be eligible for other benefits.
- Greet customers to create a pleasant atmosphere
- Identify and determine if clients are eligible to receive our services
- Determine that the client has all of the necessary information to complete the return (i.e., Forms W-2, 1099, social security cards and picture ID)
- Have clients sign the Check-in log.
- Provide the client with the Intake Sheet to complete and assist the client if needed
- Perform the screening process:
- Determine the type of assistance needed by the client and direct clients to tax preparers and to other services provided at site according to the client needs.
- Monitor site customer traffic and coordinate with the site manager to insure that there is sufficient time to serve the client
- Set up client’s folders.
- Maintain the confidentiality of the client information.
- Provide general assistance to clients.
- Assist in other administrative duties, including file maintenance and answer phone calls.
- Good writing and communication skills
- Knowledge of taxes and Food Stamps.
- Must be comfortable working with diverse population
- Knowledge of foreign languages a plus
- Friendly, dependable and flexible.
- Ability to complete tasks completely and accurately.
- Must complete brief training