Under the direction of the Supervisor, the Intake Coordinator helps the program meet its enrollment target and assists in pre-screening, intakes, reviewing case files and assigning cases.
- Review case files and client database for proper documentation at initial intake and at intervals as required by funding stream.
- Conduct prescreens and intakes and create client service plans.
- Assign cases.
- Provide interventions in the area of diversion, aftercare and prevention.
- Reviews requests for financial assistance.
- Comply with agency requirements such as CQI, COA and other agency events.
- Assess the needs of the whole consumer/family including their basic needs such as food, clothing and shelter.
- Ensure that referrals are made to appropriate internal and external services as required to meet the consumers/familys needs.
- Follow-up on referrals you make on behalf of a consumer/family and respond to all referrals made to you/your program.
- Attend weekly supervision.
- Participate in cross-program service reviews that support the planning and coordination of service delivery and service closure.
- MS/MA degree or BS/BA with equivalent experience (2 years).
- Experience in social service setting and providing direct services to homeless individuals/families, or at-risk populations who are defined as vulnerable adults, families and youth, including but not limited to, those with a history of or involvement with child welfare, addiction, physical or emotional issues, unemployed/under-employed desired.
- Ability to be flexible and use discretion.
- Ability to function as part of a team.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills and ability to engage in active listening.
- Ability to use Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, and Outlook).