Please note – we will be conducting remote interviews for this position. We are still actively hiring and more information will be provided when interviews are scheduled.
The position is a sales role with a rapidly growing insurance agency located on New York’s Upper East Side. It is a fast-paced environment where organizational and multitasking skills are essential. The Insurance Sales Agent will be responsible for educating their customer base on the insurance agency, their full service offering and the benefits of their branch being a local presence. All people need insurance and they have everything so the goal is to not only write a policy but it will be the follow-up/relationship building that is done with the goal to transition their clients’ policies for car, umbrella, life insurance, STD and LTD so they are truly being the one stop shop for the customer. We provide convenience and resourcefulness to assist our customers by providing solutions to their unique scenarios and requests. We aren’t looking to just write a policy; we are looking for a long-term customer/relationship. The Insurance Sales Agent will primarily use Salesforce to track and monitor outreach.
• Follow up in a timely and efficient manner with new inbound customer leads/inquiries.
• Provides follow-up via phone and email responding to customer requests for quotes and information on other insurance product details.
• Researches client account details for prospecting and sales purposes within Salesforce.
• Works with and follows up with internal underwriting team to resolve customer requests.
• Daily follow up with new sales inquiries from existing clients.
• Be resourceful in finding and providing resolutions to clients requests.
• Option to visit local businesses in the field for outside sales opportunities.
• Flexibility to assist a customer at the office occasionally on a Saturday.
• At least 1 year of either outbound phone sales, field sales, retail sales, a mix of customer service and inside sales with high volume call experience in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent communication, writing, speaking, phone and listening skills required.
• Computer literate and open/coachable to learn new programs.
• Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
• Relationship/rapport building skills.
• Can exude confidence.
• Quick thinking.
• Experience with Salesforce