Hybrid Financial Reporting Manager
Financial Reporting Manager – Federal Contracts
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Director of Finance
Positing is onsite and would require that you live in commuting distance of NYC.
Background: Our client is a recognized leader in the emotional health field, providing much needed services in a variety of settings. Whether through advocacy, education, innovation, therapy referral services, community programs, crisis and support helplines, emotional wellness awareness or emotional crisis preparation and management, our client relies on its purpose driven approach to help others who are struggling. With strict adherence to core values that promote dignity, respect, and mental and emotional wellbeing for all, our client seeks individuals who align with their mission and want to make a difference, providing care and support, one person at a time.
Position Overview: The Financial Reporting Manager is responsible for analysis, reporting and budgeting for the organization’s federal contracts. The Financial Reporting Manager will track, analyze and report the financial performance of the organization’s federal contracts.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare required periodic financial reports as required by our federal funder.
- Ensure contract financial reporting requirements are met on a timely basis.
- Chief liaison with finance department managers, program leadership and government funders.
- Prepare government reports for federal portals, including reconciliation of various federal awards, payments and fiscal expenditure reports.
- Prepare annual Indirect Cost Rate proposal.
- Liaison with external auditors as needed as it relates to federal contracts.
- Track all federal awards, terms and conditions.
- Review financial information and classification in accordance with Part 200CFR and HHS.
- Develop written policies and procedures in compliance with federal contract requirements.
- Prepare finance reports for federal awards as requested by management and external stakeholders.
- Prepare annual budget for federal awards and national programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, multitask and juggle competing priorities
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages, high level of expertise with Excel
- Knowledge of financial reporting software, FPA
- Knowledge of government regulations, policies and procedures, and procedures governing federal awards
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Capable of troubleshooting problems as they arise in a calm, effective, and rational manner
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance or related field or financial management or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of work experience with government contracts
- MBA, CPA, Certified Management Accountant or Certified Government Financial Manager a plus
- This position requires use of a computer and a telephone.
Salary: $85K - $95K Yearly
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.