Human Resources Manager
A cutting-edge mid-size firm is seeking a human resource manager to be responsible for the overall administration, coordination, evaluation and progression of the human resources function.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position regularly requires long hours and weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develops and administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel.
- Plans, organizes and controls all activities of the department. Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Implements and annually updates the compensation program; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys and develops merit pool (salary budget); analyzes compensation; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures; performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness, information activities program and cash flow.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 annually; maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt, nonexempt and temporary workers; writes and places advertisements; works with supervisors to screen and interview candidates; conducts reference checking; extends job offers; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-path program and employee relations counseling; conducts exit interviews.
- Prepare and execute, with legal consultation, benefits documentation, such as original and amended plan texts, benefit agreements and insurance policies. Instruct insurance carriers, trustees and other administrative agencies outside the company to effect changes in benefits program. Ensure prompt and accurate compliance.
- Assure company compliance with provisions of Employee Retirement Income Security Act and the Affordable Care Act. Supervise preparation of reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, insurance commissioners, and other regulatory agencies. Review and analyze changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits and report necessary or suggested changes to management. Coordinate company benefits with government-sponsored programs.
- A bachelor's degree and five years of human resource experience, or nine years of experience in the HR field.
- A master's degree in human resource management (preferred).
- Strong knowledge in compensation practices, talent acquisition, employee relations, diversity, talent management, performance management, federal and state respective employment laws.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal/written communication skills. Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential. Or HRCi Senior Certified Professional (SCP) AAP/EEO Statemeny
- The TemPositions Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer