Human Resources Assistant
The Human Resources Assistant (HRA) provides proactive and proficient clerical and administrative support to the Human Resources Development division. Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the HR Assistant understands human resources essentials and applications, and collaborates across the HRD team to maintain fluidity in HR functional areas that include, employee onboarding and engagement, HRIS, and employee records management.
Full-time hours, 9 am - 5pm
3-month assignment with a possibility of extension.
The HRA aligns with people, purpose, process, and professionalism, and actively employs the principles of each to achieve personal, team, and organizational objectives.
As cultural ambassadors, HRD members lead by example and personify “The Right Way to Treat People”.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Collaborate with HR team to perform HR administrative processes.
- Support new hire onboarding activities and completion, ensuring legal compliance, and alignment with processes and procedures.
- Maintain HRIS integrity and currency.
- Collaborate on employee engagement efforts, including communication, rewards and recognition, and event planning.
- Maintain employee credentials, training, and other relevant employee databases.
- Support HR office operations, including equipment maintenance, office supplies, and visitor flow.
- Assist with managing HR vendor relationships and reconciling invoices for services/supplies.
- Provides clerical support to VP of HRD, as needed.
- Maintain current knowledge of employment law, recruiting guidelines, and company policies, ensuring compliance and best-in-class recruiting practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Recent college graduate with a degree in business administration, HR management, or related field.
- Verifiable completion of HR internship or some experience working in HR division or capacity.
- Mission-aligned with a focus on supporting
- Understanding of general employment laws and application of HR best practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinker and problem solver with a high emotional quotient.
- Sound relationship manager with good negotiation tactics.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, applicant-tracking, and general office electronics
This job is presented to you by TemPositions Office, a division of the TemPositions Group of Companies. Enjoy exceptional compensation, benefits, and a wealth of opportunities in all office related position. To learn more about employment opportunities, visit our website at www.tempositions.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.