Under the direction of the Associate Director, the HR Recruitment Coordinator is responsible for providing support to all Recruiters within the Agency. The HR Recruitment Coordinator provides assistance and works in concert with the HR Recruiter to fill open positions, works with the HR team in coordinating, implementing and maintaining human resources systems and ensuring productivity and efficiency throughout the organization.
- Ensure that candidates have appropriate credentials and references prior to offers of employment being made
- Complete telephone reference checks to meet Agency requirements.
- With required approvals post/update position job advertisements internally, on the New York State Department of Labor Website, College Job Boards and remove internal positings when applicant is cleared.
- Screen resumes and provide the Recruiter with qualified applicants in accordance with job requirements and applicant qualifications.
- Avoid legal challenges by understanding current legislation; enforce regulations with managers; recommend new procedures; conduct training.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplish human resources and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Perform other Human Resources duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- Prior related experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with HRIS or similar database programs