This role serves as the primary contact point for employees in regards to HR inquiries, On-Boarding, System and Data up-dates.
This role works under the HR Director, but will operate independently to support the needs of our CT Office in all aspects of the Human Resources field. Having a passion for people and an ability to serve as an advocate for all our employees. This role will work collaboratively with team members and business leaders alike. Balancing being able to execute at a tactical level while maintaining a broader understanding of HR and the impact of our work on the business. Ensure all activities are executed upon with the highest level of care and customer service.
HR Business Partner
• Own the employee life-cycle from on-boarding and orientation of new employees to conducting exit interviews and off-boarding of separating employees.
• Partner with manager on documentation and communication of HR policies and procedures.
• Follow changes in employment laws and ensure company compliance with any relevant changes.
• First level escalation of questions regarding payroll, benefits and general questions, liaise with the Benefits Department regarding FMLA and STD cases.
• Supports consistency through policy execution, documentation and by following procedures and standards.
• Various Human Resources projects, tasks or duties as needed or assigned.
On-boarding & Recruiting
• Partner with hiring managers on recruitment needs to ensure we hire top talent.
• Full-cycle recruiting for various positions and levels including writing job descriptions, sourcing qualified candidates through Taleo, and interview scheduling.
• Responsible for recruitment of passive and active talent by sourcing via LinkedIn Recruiter, Indeed and Dice.com.
• Produce offer paperwork for all new hires including pre-hire reference checks and background checks.
• Handle new hire orientation for Home Office employees, temps and interns.
• Process new hire paperwork and personnel files to ensure compliance with required documentation.
• Manage all data in PeopleSoft including data entry and reporting.
• Oversee all requisitions in Taleo ATS and follow up to obtain necessary approvals.
• Complete a monthly audit of Taleo to ensure that all candidate documentation is in the system.
• Oversee activities and initiatives to support and engage employees within the New York office, including but not limited to: Take Your Child to Work Day, JP Morgan Corporate Chase Challenge, Flu Shots, Year-End/Holiday events, service award recognition program and other training events.
• Providing recommendations to maximize organizational engagement.
• Bachelor’s degree with minimum 3-5 years of HR experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge of employment law, employee relations best-practices, presentation skills, and recruiting practices.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills as well as a customer service orientation.
• Strong attention to detail, organizational and time management skills, some project management experience.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality / discretion in all work place and HR matters and make well-informed decisions.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of PeopleSoft a plus.
• PHR / SHRM-CP is preferred.