The Human Resources Generalist will be responsible for the day-to-day management of HR functions. Major areas of responsibility will be onboarding, performance management, policy maintenance, benefits administration, data integrity, employee relations, recruitment oversight. The HR Generalist will work closely with all members of the leadership team to promote a safe and mission driven culture. The ideal candidate will establish themselves as a valuable resource for interpreting state and employment laws. This hands-on role is critical in establishing innovative HR solutions with a focus on process improvement. This position reports to the Director of Finance and Administration.
- Onboarding of new hires: coordinates orientation, background checks and other paperwork
- Offboarding of terminated employees: schedules and coordinates return of company property for employees with hybrid schedules
- Works closely with the IT vendor to setup new employees with user profile, email account, Dropbox and VoIP Phone
- Schedules trainings such anti-harassment trainings, COVID-19 Training, and any other mandatory trainings
- Responsible for the data integrity of the HRIS for new hires, employee information and employment status changes
- Maintenance and oversight of the Citys COVID-Safe Requirement Policy regarding vaccination
- Answers inquiries from applicants, employees, and outside vendors in a timely manner
- Counsels and coaches supervisors on appropriate paperwork regarding disciplinary matters, refers to legal counsel when necessary
- Attends and participates employee disciplinary meetings, disputes, terminations, and investigations
- Manages open enrollments and benefit renewals while working closely with benefit brokers
- Maintains compliance of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, recommends best practices
- Maintains knowledge of trends for new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment laws
- Supports employee recognition initiatives
- Supports the payroll team with specialized projects
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive employee information with strict adherence to confidentiality protocols
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities while maintaining a primary focus on core responsibilities
- Experience reporting to a senior level executive team
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Payroll experience or understanding of payroll processing
- GSuite experience is a plus
- Strong work ethic with a commitment to excellence
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required, Masters degree preferred.
- At least three years of human resource Generalist experience preferred.