As an HR Generalist, you will be responsible for providing a wide range of human resources support and services to the organization. This role plays a crucial part in ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of HR functions and supporting the overall success of the company. The company operates 10 field-based programs, in a mix of homeless shelters, supporting housing, and domestic violence shelters. While the position of HR Generalist is based out of the clients South Williamsburg corporate office, the position entails field visits and management of a portfolio of three other Brooklyn facilities. Field visits would be conducted approximately once a week. Candidate can drive themselves, use public transportation or client will provide car service. Company has 20 employees in the corporate office, 400 employees’ company wide. The HR Generalist reports to the Director of HR for the Organization.
- Address employee issues as they arise, assisting employees with understanding employee benefits and administering the Organization’s benefits plans, handling payroll and assisting employees with onboarding and associated paperwork.
- Coordination with employees on benefits administration, leave (paid and unpaid), workers compensation, and unemployment
- Working on back-end enrollments and other updates in HRIS system
- Collaborate with facility managers as needed
- Work closely with on-site supervisors to ensure employees' adherence to the Organization’s policies and procedures
- Advising on progressive discipline process
- Ensure proper maintenance of HR-related documentation
- Conduct trainings as necessary
- Develop and implement HR programs that are aligned with organizational goals and compliant with local, state and federal regulatory requirements and laws.
- Help execute human resource initiatives, such as recruitment, compensation, benefits, training and employee relations for the organization.
- Conduct internal and other workplace investigations should issues arise and recommend appropriate follow-up.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- At least two years’ experience in handling complex employee relations issues, including but not limited to workplace violence, harassment, and policy violations
- SHRM Certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of applicable employment and labor laws and regulations
- Knowledge of Paycom system preferred
- Exceptional leadership and emotional intelligence
- Comfortable with fast-paced, start-up culture
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Inclusive management practices relating to but not limited to diversity, equity, recruitment and training in a diverse urban population.
- Bilingual English/Spanish desired
Hours: M-F (9am-5pm) w/1 hr lunch