Our client is a nonprofit organization focusing on international education. They are in need of a HR Generalist to manage/ all aspects of the employee benefit and retirement programs, ensuring the organization is in compliance with all applicable laws and legal requirements, as well as, to ensure the timely and efficient HR workflow of daily HR transactions in accordance with best practices. The Human Resources Generalist must be proactive and detail-orientated with a high degree of accuracy. In addition, the Human Resources Generalist must be able to work both independently and as part of a team and must also have the ability to establish and maintain a positive and professional work relationships with all levels of the organization. The Human Resources Generalist will support the Director of Human Resources in all areas of HR Administration.
- Administers employee benefit plans and procedures for all organization personnel.
- Oversees benefit open enrollments for all staff: i.e. medical, dental & vision plans, HRA, FSA, commuter benefit program, AFLAC etc., insures that all enrollment information is recorded and processed appropriately.
- Reviews all benefit invoices for accuracy using data from HRIS and other sources; contacts insurance providers to correct any billing errors.
- Processes administrative fee for Benefit Resources.
- Creates payment vouchers for insurance providers and submits to Accounts Payable and follows up to ensure carriers are paid in a timely manner.
- Addresses staff benefit inquiries.
- Serves as principle contact person for the organization’s COBRA Third Party Administrators: informs COBRA administrator of all new hires and terminations; reviews monthly reports and resolves any issues/discrepancies; Removes employees whose Cobra has expired or was cancelled from medical/dental insurance companies. Responds to any staff concerns regarding COBRA.
- Ensures OSHA compliance: completes and posts the annual OSHA 300 Log.
- Unemployment administration: contacts various states to create new SUI codes and opens state by contacting state, Paycom, and Industrial UI; Work with Industrial UI to ensure that all UI forms are completed and submitted timely; tracks UI benefits and provides HR Director with quarterly reports.
- Coordinates the administration of short term disability benefits with the carrier, completes and processes all First Unum forms, acts as organization’s liaison with carrier; responds to employee requests; forwards necessary documentation and completed forms to STD carrier.
- Coordinates Employee Assistance program benefits where necessary.
- Administer long-term disability and life Insurance benefits.
- Respond to benefit inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefit enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
- Manages Worker’s Compensation program in conjunction with offices oversea.
- Prepare 5500 filing for Health & Wellness plans and Retirement plans.
- Work with external audit firms for annual Finance, IT and Pension audit.
- Manage employee leaves of absence in compliance with all applicable regulations (coordinates all paperwork, communicates with employees, managers and insurers etc.)
- Reconcile monthly invoices and resolve discrepancies with vendors and payroll and routinely checks the accuracy of benefit related data.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources required
- Previous HR work experience
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with maximum discretion
- Attention to detail
- Strong initiative with the ability to successfully evaluate and manage changing circumstances and competing priorities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel required