- Administers employee benefit plans and procedures for all organization personnel.
- Oversees benefit open enrollments for all staff: i.e. medical, dental & vision plans, HRA, FSA, commuter benefit program, AFLAC etc., insures that all enrollment information is recorded and processed appropriately.
- Reviews all benefit invoices for accuracy using data from HRIS and other sources; contacts insurance providers to correct any billing errors.
- Processes administrative fee for Benefit Resources.
- Creates payment vouchers for insurance providers and submits to Accounts Payable and follows up to ensure carriers are paid in a timely manner.
- Addresses staff benefit inquiries.
- Serves as principle contact person for the organization’s COBRA Third Party Administrators: informs COBRA administrator of all new hires and terminations; reviews monthly reports and resolves any issues/discrepancies; Removes employees whose Cobra has expired or was cancelled from medical/dental insurance companies. Responds to any staff concerns regarding COBRA.
- Ensures OSHA compliance: completes and posts the annual OSHA 300 Log.
- Unemployment administration: contacts various states to create new SUI codes and opens state by contacting state, Paycom, and Industrial UI; Work with Industrial UI to ensure that all UI forms are completed and submitted timely; tracks UI benefits and provides HR Director with quarterly reports.
- Coordinates the administration of short term disability benefits with the carrier, completes and processes all First Unum forms, acts as organization’s liaison with carrier; responds to employee requests; forwards necessary documentation and completed forms to STD carrier.
- Coordinates Employee Assistance program benefits where necessary.
- Administer long-term disability and life Insurance benefits.
- Respond to benefit inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefit enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
- Manages Worker’s Compensation program in conjunction with offices oversea.
- Prepare 5500 filing for Health & Wellness plans and Retirement plans.
- Work with external audit firms for annual Finance, IT and Pension audit.
- Manage employee leaves of absence in compliance with all applicable regulations (coordinates all paperwork, communicates with employees, managers and insurers etc.)
- Reconcile monthly invoices and resolve discrepancies with vendors and payroll and routinely checks the accuracy of benefit related data.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources required
- Previous HR work experience
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with maximum discretion
- Attention to detail
- Strong initiative with the ability to successfully evaluate and manage changing circumstances and competing priorities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel required