HR Staffing Solutions is currently seeking a Human Resources Coordinator who will join a team of 13 employees and directly support the Deputy Director of Human Resources in a Contract-to-Hire opportunity. The human resource coordinator helps with and facilitates the human resource processes at all business locations. This role administers employee health and welfare plans and acts as liaison between employees and insurance providers. This position resolves benefits-related problems and ensures effective use of plans and positive employee relations. The human resource coordinator makes that certain plans are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and that plan provisions are followed. This role provides administrative support to the human resource function as needed, including record-keeping, file maintenance and HRIS entry.
- Data entry and hiring / termination documentation tracking
- Processing invoices, expenses, and payroll
- Creating new hire packets and processing onboarding materials
- Producing periodic reports on employee and vendor onboarding
- Schedule interviews, liaise between internal departments and staff
- Administers health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes and terminations.
- Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files. Submits online investigation requests and assists with new-employee background checks.
- Reconciles benefits statements.
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommends corrective action.
- Assists with processing of terminations.
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process.
- Assists with recruitment and interview process. Tracks status of candidates in HRIS and responds with follow-up letters at the end of the recruiting process.
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by the director of HR.
- Makes photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
- Files documents into appropriate employee files.
- Assists or prepares correspondence as requested.
- Prepares new-employee files.
- Processes mail.
- 2 Years of relevant experience
- Associate Degree
- Exceptional communication skills: written and verbal
- Experience with ADP or relevant payroll systems
- Experience using HRIS systems
- Critical Evaluation
- Ethical Practice
- HR Expertise