The HR Assistant is responsible for managing several division-wide systems related to new employee onboarding and background check clearances; maintaining and communicating division-specific documents and literature; and other responsibilities related to clear communication and compliance between the Youth Development Division, the organization, and other key stakeholders, funders, and licensing agencies.
· Understand and effectively communicate employee onboarding regulations and compliance for new Youth Development employees.
· Work with Youth Development Managers and new hire candidates to ensure all required onboarding paperwork is obtained and completed correctly.
· Run initial security clearances for new hire candidates such as SCR, SEL, and others. Follow up as needed, communicate updates, and maintain accurate records.
· Assist in required fingerprinting process for new hire candidates with DOH, DOE, etc. including necessary paperwork, database management, appointments, and follow-up.
· Liaise between the organization, NYS Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS), Department of Youth and Community Development (DYCD), Department of Education (DOE), and other city and state agencies as necessary.
· Maintain cloud-based management system for all Youth Development-related new employee onboarding documents.
· Create professional development certificates for YD staff members in collaboration with Youth Development senior managers.
· Assist in the preparation of meetings, professional development, and other Youth Development events as necessary.
· Bachelors degree
· PHR, SPHR and/or a Masters degree are preferred.
· Experience with ADP Workforce Now
· 2-4 years working in a Human Resource function specializing in processing candidates through background checks
· 2 years experience in youth development preferred.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
• Bilingual Spanish and English preferred.
• Notary Public certification preferred.