Purpose of the Position
The Housing Coordinator is responsible for supporting the permanent housing search for families living in shelter. The Housing Coordinator will coordinate all housing services activities which will lead to the successful placement of families in permanent housing.
- Escort clients to apartment viewings and other appointments related to self-sufficiency.
- Track all referrals and provide follow up to clients and feedback to sources and housing leads.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand housing subsidies and provide families with guidance and support to complete all housing applications.
- Maintain an active roster of real estate brokers and landlords.
- Collaborate with Case Managers and clients to develop permanent housing strategies as well as advocating for eligible families to obtain supportive Housing.
- Maintain updated case notes in the Client Assistance and Rehousing Enterprise System (CARES).
- Must be able to escort clients to appointments as needed including apartment viewings.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work or a related field required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working within the New York City housing market.
- Must have the ability to network and build strong collaborative relationships with brokers and landlords.
- Experience working with at-risk, homelessness families.