Opus Staffing, the direct-hire division of TemPositions Groups of Companies is looking for an experienced Grant Writer to join a leader in the nonprofit sector with a dedicated staff of 4,000 employees. This organization is offering a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
The right candidate will have a successful track record with writing and securing city, state, and federal grants. They will have a record of achievement in securing funds from government agencies and foundations, they must be familiar with government contracting processes and various funding streams, strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Researching potential funding opportunities
- Responding to request for proposals
- Coordinating grant submissions from start to finish including:
- preparing letters of intent
- reviewing the literature
- writing narratives
- working with key staff to obtain programmatic and financial information
- submitting applications
- Bachelors degree (Masters preferred)
- Five years of grant writing and project management experience in the nonprofit sector
- Proven knowledge of federal, local, and state grant application procedures and best practice in the nonprofit sector.
- Highly strategic and entrepreneurially thinking individual
- Commitment to change/improvement – creating a culture that always looks to improve.