We are currently looking for a Grant Accountant in the Greater Fairfield County area. The Grant Accountant will play a major role on the Finance team collaborating with the CFO, Comptroller and Manager of Institutional Giving and Impact for grants management.
- Maintain grant awards/contracts and financial documents in accordance with government and private foundations requirements.
- Prepare budgets, complete financial reporting and ensure compliance for all grant funds.
- Prepare Grant Schedule for monthly Revenue Recognition/Deferred Income entry.
- Ensure that expenses incurred for each grant have a matching source of revenue and reconcile any financial discrepancies.
- Track monthly cash receipts related to grants.
- Track grant expenditures to ensure compliance and proper allocation.
- Prepare vouchers, with supporting documentation to send to grantors for payment/reimbursement.
- Provide timely feedback to Program Managers regarding actual to budget ensuring grant funds are expended appropriately and fully for the grant period.
- Attend biweekly Grants Management meetings providing status of grants.
- Prepare documents for external audits to include CFDA/SID numbers, confirm SEFA and Schedule of Expenditures of State Financial Assistance.
- Maintain financial security by following internal accounting controls.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, preferably with a nonprofit organization
- Minimum of 3 years grant accounting experience within a behavioral health organization
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and government grant guidelines
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations related to sponsored programs at local, state, and federal levels.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications (i.e., Excel, Word, and Outlook) and use of the Internet.
- Knowledge of Sage MIP/Sage Intacct a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, height, weight, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.
Job Type: Full-time