Gift Processing Associate
The Specialist will work closely with members of the Office of Institutional Advancement (OIA) and Accounting Departments in order to coordinate on all duties listed below in support of donor relations and to ensure effective gift stewardship. The Specialist will also provide operational support for other OIA development and alumni relations activities and office administrative, including financial reporting, office administration, administrative support to the Vice President and Director of Development, as well as project management, donor stewardship, and event coordination.
- Enter, scrutinize, and reconcile all gift data for timely and accurate processing, post pledges and payments, and reconcile and balance gift batches. Manage online and offline gift channels and systems to facilitate easy and effective giving for donors.
- Enter full and accurate gift data, capture information relevant to donor relationships, and generate receipts and other donor and gift documentation as needed for all donations.
- Copy and file checks and other gift documentation. Manage electronic and hard-copy filing systems.
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly and other gift and financial reports as requested and required for OIA Department and Accounting. Reconcile fund balances as needed.
- Establish new funds by preparing fund requests; maintain fund records.
- Ensure maintenance of funds, codes, etc. Ensure uniformity and consistency of gift, fund and donor records.
- Manage acknowledgement letter and gift confirmation processes and systems, and support stewardship of the Law School’s donor relationships.
- Maintain files on bequests, awards, annuities, and planned gifts.
- Track and maintain matching gifts. Monitor matching gift companies and matching gift activity; maintain matching gift records and proactively follow up with matching gift companies as needed to maximize receipt of matching gifts.
- Identify and coordinate updates to donor records with other OIA and law school staff.
- Enter action items, call reports and notes and routing information to appropriate personnel.
- Assist in the analysis of financial, gift and donor data to optimize fundraising and engagement strategies.
- Design and produce timely, accurate and comprehensive financial and analytical reports as needed.
- Use discretion in working with and having access to financial information.
- Interact as needed with donors regarding donations, including providing confirmations and follow-up phone calls and doing so in close coordination with OIA staff.
- Support ongoing OIA office operations and administration including answering the general phone line, directing any in-person visitors to the office, assisting the Vice
- President in donor stewardship follow-up and communication, support and help coordinate OIA events, and other office project management as needed.
- Assist with special events such as the annual Gala and alumni reunion (including some evening and occasional weekends) as necessary.
- Provide operational and administrative support to the OIA Department.
- B.A. degree required.
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Excellent organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Understanding and appreciation of development principles and the importance of donor relationships and gift stewardship.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately with numbers.
- Proficiency in Raiser's Edge required.
- Enthusiastic team player with client service mindset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.