THIS IS A PERMANENT POSITION: One of Long Island’s most reputable manufacturers of architectural and structural stone components is looking to hire crew team members for their facility in western Suffolk county. They serve residential, commercial, institutional and government projects and innovation is a core philosophy of the company. They are a fast-paced environment and have excellent opportunities for career advancement; Stick with them and learn more skills and we will reward you with progressive responsibility.
- Candidates must be comfortable working both in and outdoors:
- Application of Safety principles and processes.
- Perform tasks involving physical labor for casting and handling precast concrete pieces
- Operate hand and power tools of all types,
- Clean up of work area and other yard areas as needed, using broom & shovel, water and compressed air
- Grind, scrape, sand or polish surfaces using abrasive tools or machines
- Build and position wood and steel forms; caulk and apply release agents in preparation for pouring concrete.
- Cut, bend and tie rebar
- Pour, spread and finish concrete; tarp forms
- Dismantle forms after use; attach rigging to cured concrete panels
- Operate basic woodworking equipment
- Other duties as required and assigned Hours are Mon-Friday 7:30am-4pm
- Minimum Age 18+ year’s old, proper identification is required.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, throughout shift and/or long periods of time •
- Manual dexterity, eye hand coordination and ability to meet physical requirements.
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 70lbs
- Must be able to read and speak basic English and or Spanish
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Concrete or masonry experience and/or Fork Lift Experience is a plus