The Corporate Counsel will be responsible for leading corporate, strategic, and tactical legal initiatives, as well as providing senior management with effective legal advice on company strategies, the implementation and their legal function. The Corporate Counsel will also manage and oversee the work of outside counsel when necessary. The Corporate Counsel is directly involved in complex business transactions in negotiating critical contracts and will also be involved with any potential mergers and acquisitions.
- Negotiate, write, and execute all agreements and contracts
- Advise management on contract status, legal risks and business terms of various deals
- Counsel the company and senior management on a broad range of federal and state regulatory and compliance matters, including identifying areas of risk and making suggestions for improvement
- Evaluate the merits of court cases filed against or on behalf of the company
- Serve as key lawyer/legal advisor on all major business transactions, which may include mergers and acquisitions, etc.
- Research legal issues that may impact the organization by identifying applicable statutes, judicial decisions, etc.
- Perform pre-litigation work to minimize risks and maximize legal rights
- Ensure all legal objectives are met
- Perform special assignments or projects as needed
- Law Degree and licensed
- Proven experience with handling all aspects of business agreements and contracts
- Demonstrated business acumen, including the ability to see the 'big picture' as well as the relationship of very detailed and specific legal and business issues
- High degree of organization and efficiency with demonstrated attention to detail
- Superior written and verbal communication skills (including presentations)
- Demonstrated accountability and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to build credibility quickly and provide strong legal support for complex issues and challenging business opportunities
- Prior experience with mergers and acquisitions
- Ideally has a combination of law firm and in-house experience