Floater Substitute Teacher
We are currently hiring Certified Teachers for a lower school in the Fairfield County area to finish out the school year, with potential for the following school year. K-6th grade. Hours are Monday through Thursday 7AM - 3PM and Friday 7AM - 12PM. Teachers must be FULLY vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Create instructional resources for use in the classroom.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities
- Create positive educational climate for students to learn in.
- Meet course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Participate in ongoing training sessions.
- Create lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the year.
- Maintain grade books.
- Grade papers and perform other administrative duties as needed.
- Read and stay abreast of current topics in education.
- Create lesson plans.
- Utilize various curriculum resources.
- Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
- Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
- Work with program coordinators to ensure initiatives are being met.
- Tutor students on an individual basis.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepare and distribute required reports.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by invoking approved disciplinary procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Education preferred, and/or a Connecticut State Teaching license
- Experience: At least 2 years of experience working in substitute teacher capacity
- Other: Must be willing to be fingerprinted