A client in Publishing is looking for a Financial Controller with Accounting/Finance and Royalty/Publishing experience. The Financial Controller will assist in preparing statements that follow all regulatory and accounting guidelines under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer. This position requires strong analytical, technology, communication and organizational skills. The Financial Controller serves as a liaison externally as well as to other departments in solving reporting discrepancies and providing clarity for good decision making.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements
- Manage journal entries, invoices and reconcile accounts for the monthly and annual closing
- Support most aspects of accounting management (billing, tax forms, reporting etc.)
- Responsible for the interpreting, data entering, payments and reconciliations of all author royalties.
- Assist in formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and/or forecasting
- Help in development of reports for management
- Review the company’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances
- Utilize accounting IT system to facilitate process and maintain records
- Other duties as seen necessary by the CFO
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Five years Accounting/Finance Experience
- CPA or other professional Accounting certification is a plus
- Offers a competitive salary and a full list of benefits.
- You will work in a fun and creative environment with a talented group of individuals who have a passion for their work