Our client is a recognized leader in the emotional health field, providing much needed services in a variety of settings. Whether through advocacy, education, innovation, therapy referral services, community programs, crisis and support helplines, emotional wellness awareness or emotional crisis preparation and management, our client relies on its purpose driven approach to help others who are struggling. With strict adherence to core values that promote dignity, respect, and mental and emotional wellbeing for all, our client seeks individuals who align with their mission and want to make a difference, providing care and support, one person at a time.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for preparing budgets, revenue and expense analysis, and reports for the organization’s federal contracts. The Financial Analyst will track detailed revenues and expenses to specific federal awards, research and analyze financial information for federal contracts, prepare financial models for cost reimbursement contracts.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review monthly financial data and provide analysis on performance of federal awards.
- Prepare monthly variance reports for review with program managers and directors.
- Research and analyze financial information to help the program directors monitor federal award spending.
- Prepare financial projections and reports for both fiscal and contract year basis.
- Reconcile transactions by comparing and analyzing data.
- Prepare annual budgets for federal programs.
Reports to Financial Reporting Manager
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, multitask and juggle competing priorities
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of financial reporting software, FPA
- Knowledge of government regulations, policies and procedures, and procedures governing federal awards
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Capable of troubleshooting problems as they arise in a calm, effective, and rational manner
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, economics, or related field or financial management or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of work experience
This position requires use of a computer and a telephone.
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged