- Provide overall direction and training to assigned supervises and his/her direct reports, so that agency and department goals are communicated effectively, job performance is continuously evaluated and appropriate training is provided.
- Work with the Director of Real Estate with the development, coordination and implementation of policies and procedures, which maintain optimal safety and security agency-wide, including the creation of a site specific maintenance handbook and preventive maintenance plan.
- Monitors maintenance of all properties to ensure good condition and compliance with all building codes, certifying physical plant requirements through scheduled inspections and
- Program feedback, including periodic detailed inspections of each site with relevant program, building and property management staff.
- Assist with the development and overall implementation of agency-wide preventive maintenance program to ensure that all building systems and equipment are being maintained at their optimal level.
- Provide ongoing assessment of preventative maintenance program and ensure that the program is being implemented correctly.
- Develop and maintain capital plans for each site; monitor plan, schedule replacements and work as called for in plan. In conjunction with the Purchasing Department, initiate solicitation of service and maintenance contracts (e.g., elevator, fire alarm, HVAC, landscaping, irrigation, exterminating, sprinkler), and inspection contracts (e.g., elevator, sprinkler, fire alarm, backflow preventer, boilers); and monitor vendor performance under these building-related contracts.
- Prepare monthly written status reports to the Director of Real Estate, including updates on routine and emergency activities Inform the Director of Real Estate of any and all situations which may require corrective actions by consultants, contractors, vendors, mechanics, or other specialized services.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled departmental and agency meetings and training as required/directed.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years experience in building/residential housing maintenance or property/facilities management.
- Demonstrated administrative experience, with a minimum of five (5) years of supervisory experience, required.
- Must carry cell phones and respond to all emergency calls on a 24-hour basis.
- Must be able to provide back up to Building Superintendents as needed.
- Must possess the aptitude for, and work skills in, carpentry, electricity, plumbing, masonry, etc.
- Must have considerable knowledge of building construction and maintenance; HVAC systems including installation and repair; housing, building and fire safety code requirements.
- Must possess and maintain a valid New York/New Jersey State driver’s license.
- Must possess and maintain Certificate of Fitness for standpipes and fire alarm systems or be willing to obtain them within ninety days of hire as a condition of employment.
- Must be fingerprinted and cleared by the Office of Mental Health (OMH).
- Bilingual Spanish-speaking, a plus.