Law firm Executive Receptionist position available.
Must be highly personable, super upbeat, welcoming, and outgoing, with an ability to easily handle heavy phones and assist high-profile clients.
Experience as a receptionist is required.
You will be surrounded by people who are passionate about what they do and share in our belief in the quality value of delivering superior hospitality to our premier clients.
You’ll be responsible for engaging all Clients, Guests, Vendors, and Employees entering the reception and conference center and will display an energetic, friendly, and approachable demeanor at all times.
Hours: Monday -Friday, 9 am - 6 pm
Temp to Hire
Two in-person interviews
Essential Job Functions:
- Able to speak freely and warmly, engaging clients and guests while efficiently checking them in at the Reception Desk or escorting them to their destination.
- Gaining an understanding of the client culture and critical areas of activity and creating “transparency” by serving as an extension of the Firm.
- Manage all activity closely in the internal visitor greeting process. Must be knowledgeable on all daily meetings and up-to-the-minute changes.
- Acts as first point of contact for all activities and emergencies, always remaining alert. Serves as point person, taking ownership of any challenges that may arise within the conference center, resolving them, or following escalation procedures as required.
- Conduct overall room appearance site inspection and work with Building Operations to maintain facilities
- Assist in conference room readiness inspections to determine that the room is equipped with proper event materials such as pads, pencils, event handouts, and welcome packages.
- Handling meeting room bookings, utilizing the reservation system and focusing on the strategic assignment of meeting space to maximize utilization
- Answer reception desk telephones, direct calls and manage message receipt and delivery process
- Manage and maintain the all-conference center, training, and meeting materials
- Handling on-floor conference room activities, visually and utilizing the reservations system, being aware of meeting start/end times, attendees in the room, food and beverage orders, etc. Advising the appropriate staff members of changes in meeting room status, special requests, etc.
- Communicating requests to the proper internal support departments such as building maintenance (heating and cooling issues), information technology (computer issues), Audio Visual technology (meeting room technical support), and mail room (package pickups and deliveries)
- Having a thorough understanding of the Firm’s emergency procedures and being prepared to carry out designated tasks in the event of a fire or other emergencies
- Adhering to the Hospitality signature look
- Troubleshooting a wide variety of requests and situations, both for guests and members of the Firm
- Support the Conference Manager and ensure every guest is greeted with enthusiasm and has a memorable experience.
- Act as a way-finders and hospitality services resource for all guests.
- Ability to memorize Concierge FAQs and speak knowledgeably about the building, surrounding areas, transportation, local restaurants, and New York City ‘happenings.’
- Microsoft Suite (excel & outlook), used for tracking and entering data.
- Bonus if they know EMS for booking reservations
- Client Care
- Greet all guests/ visitors and ensure eye contact is made within 10 ft. of entrances and reception desks.
- Greet internal and external clients with a smile, acknowledging them promptly, using the agreed welcome “Good Morning/Good Afternoon …”
- Proactively deal with inquiries and requests, communicating with Hospitality Services Manager as needed.
- Work with team members and other firm personnel, ensuring smooth transitions at each stage of the guest’s journey.
- Offer refreshments in the lounge area when possible and communicate with food services as needed for replenishment.
- Teamwork and Communication
- Communicate effectively with peers and the management team, displaying accuracy and attention to detail in verbal and written communication.
- Maintain a strong awareness of business activity and communicate all updates with your team members.
- Liaise with Hospitality Team and conference floors to ensure the smooth arrival of the host’s clients.
- Communicate effectively with team members and pass on necessary information to colleagues that may arise during the escorting process.
- Provide assistance according to business needs, e.g., lunch cover, callouts, and general support.
- Support the training of new associates and complete checklists accordingly.
- When available, participate in the cross-training program, which covers all department areas.
- Personal Presentation and Responsibilities
- Maintain a professional, polite, and considerate manner always.
- Adhere to uniform and presentation standards as per the dress policy.
- Discuss any training needs or requests with your Supervisor or Manager.
- Working Environment
- Maintain a clear, presentable working area and report all maintenance faults/hazards and cleaning requests to the appropriate personnel. Monitor progress to ensure issues are promptly rectified. Escalate to your Supervisor as necessary.
- Policies and Procedures
- Adhere to the Company and the Firm’s policies and procedures.
- Abide by all Security policies and procedures, including access restrictions and fire and life safety information.
- Comply with the Reception Services Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) Manual and keep up to date with new information issued. Familiarize yourself with the site-specific SOPs. Maintain SOPs as ‘living’ document.
- Answer the phone promptly and politely within three rings as needed.
- Understand and use the visitor registration system and have a working knowledge.
- Provide comprehensive handovers for members of the next shift at shift changes as needed and ensure a thorough review of such handovers at the start of the next shift.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite (excel & outlook), used for tracking and entering data.
- Bonus if you have experience with EMS for booking reservations
This job is presented to you by TemPositions Office, a division of the TemPositions Group of Companies. Enjoy exceptional compensation, benefits, and a wealth of opportunities in all office related position. To learn more about employment opportunities, visit our website at www.tempositions.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.