Executive Legal Assistant – Real Estate
Our client, a prestigious Midtown, Manhattan real estate lawfirm, is seeking an Executive Legal Assistant to join its New York office for afull-time perm position. The ideal Executive Legal Assistant will have at least 4years of commercial real estate experience. The Executive Legal Assistant will be responsible for assistingthe Managing Member with all administrative and legal secretarial duties. TheExecutive Legal Assistant must be able to prioritize and multi-task in afast-paced environment with the ability to follow complex instructions,demonstrated resourcefulness and the ability to anticipate the managingmember’s needs, take initiative and work independently. This will be an excellent opportunity for an ExecutiveLegal Assistant to assumesignificant responsibility, join a well-established real estate Lawfirm, and gain further experience while adding value to a proven law firm.Compensation ranges between $85 to $95k depending on experience. If you are an Executive Legal Assistant with at least 4years of commercial real estate experience and you have the requisitequalifications, please submit a resume which highlights your relevant experience.We look forward to hearing from you!
- General legal secretarial duties: answering telephones for managing member in a professional manner; taking messages and or handling inquiries; processing incoming/outgoing mail; managing calendar and assisting in meeting deadlines; knowledge of office equipment such as printers, facsimile machines, photocopying machines and pdf scanners; opening new client matter accounts (conflict checks, intakes, retainer letter and file opening); organizing and maintaining electronic and paper client files and keeping filing up-to-date.
- Drafting complex correspondence and documents (e.g., court forms, pleadings, e-mails responding to client inquiries).
- Proofreading, photocopying, assembling and distributing prepared materials as necessary.
- Performing word processing on a variety of correspondence, reports, memoranda and legal documents as requested.
- Performing legal research.
- Maintaining, updating and editing reports as needed.
- Responding to managing member/clients' needs with a sense of urgency, ensuring resolution with appropriate follow-up.
- Relieving managing member of administrative tasks.
- Organizing tasks for maximum efficiency and manage conflicting priorities effectively.
- Maintaining confidentiality of all client and firm information and procedures.
- At least 4 years of commercial real estate experience
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a variety of personalities
- Ability to work well under pressure and resolve problems quickly
- Ability to take initiative and follow through on all tasks
- Ability to respond quickly and accurately to all requests and assignments
- Work overtime when necessary