Executive Assistant needed to provide general administrative support to the President and the COO. The Executive Assistant will be responsible for ensuring smooth coordination of schedules and travel, as well as meeting preparation. The successful candidate will be a skillful listener, diplomat, facilitator, creative problem solver, and effective catalyst for collaboration. She or he must be able to read complex interpersonal and political dynamics and apply that understanding to ensure the integrity of work and relationships with the leadership team. This new role is an exciting opportunity to support innovative and effective management.
- Schedule meetings, manage daily agenda, track meeting requests, and invitations, liaise with external event organizers, collect briefing documents, communicate schedule and travel plans internally
- Book frequent international and domestic travel arrangements, including research on efficient and cost-effective itineraries and accommodations. Assist with visa applications when necessary, prepare detailed travel itineraries with logistical information and ensuring smooth flow of activities
- Provide administrative support, including printing and organizing briefing materials in advance of meetings and travel, as well as responding to incoming phone calls
- Prepare monthly expense reports for the President, provide general office support to the President when he is in the NY office, and general troubleshooting.
- Support regular management meetings, including the COO Roundtable, Institutional Leadership Meeting, staff meetings, and other ad hoc meetings, gathering inputs for the agenda in advance, taking notes, and circulating minutes in a timely manner
- Provide support to procuring visas and travel arrangements
- Prepare monthly expense reports and handle reimbursement requests
- Track organizational deadlines and provide follow up support as needed
- Support internal communications, including meeting reminders
- Maintain contact lists in coordination with communications department
- Provide backup administrative/office support to the NY office assistant (ordering supplies, changing the printer cartridge, etc.) and support general office compliance needs, first aid, office security, etc.
- Organize conference calls and handle logistics for meetings
- Liaise with board members and their assistants to schedule the board meetings, confirm attendance to ensure quorum
- Assist with travel arrangements for board members
- Coordinate dinners and lunches during board meetings
- Compile materials and create board books electronically and in hard copy
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university and three to five years of relevant experience preferred
- Prior administrative experience required; prior experience supporting executive-level management and governing boards strongly preferred
- Non-profit or NGO experience required
- Experience working with international organizations with different time zones preferred