Opus Staffing is searching for an experienced, professional Executive Assistant to support the President of an academic institution of higher learning. The right individual will have a clear understanding of the diligence needed for the office to run smoothly, support the President’s needs, as well as to provide accurate interaction with the Board of Directors and minutes of their meetings.
- Provide administrative support to both the President as well as to the office to ensure day to day operations run smoothly.
- Point of contact between the President and internal and external contacts, including Board Members.
- Answer telephones and properly screen callers, take accurate messages as well as arrange outgoing and conference calls as needed.
- Maintain President’s calendar and appointments, inclusive of the appropriate contact list.
- Plan specific office-generated events, as directed.
- Office communication – external AND in-house – including letters, email and general correspondence.
- Keep accurate files, both hard copy and computerized.
- Create presentation materials as well as maintain spreadsheets and databases.
- Arrange travel for Administrators and Board Members, inclusive of initiating and dispersing itineraries.
- Prepare expense reports and verify invoices.
- Arrange meetings, as well as prepare necessary materials and handouts.
- Ability to attend meetings and accurately record minutes
- Manage and complete various projects as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree REQUIRED, Master’s Degree PREFERRED
- 5+ years of progressive experience is required, preferably in an environment of higher education for a senior level Administrator or Executive
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency REQUIRED
- Board of Director(s) interaction, meeting preparation and support PREFERRED