- Make follow up phone calls and sends email daily for subcontractor and equipment vendor pricing on all department job estimates
- Various clerical functions as needed; including printing and scanning of drawings and filing of bid documents for file retention.
- Provides the necessary support on all bid proposals to the Estimating Director to ensure that each bid proposal is completed in accordance with the Company’s established policy.
- Review of all plans and specifications upon receipt and identify the major equipment and subcontracting trades for electronic distribution
- Record keeping of the “Lead, Estimate and Bid Log” schedule, all jobs received, including final pricing of bids
- Electronic email distribution of all proposals and the entering final pricing of all bids into “Bid Log”, including no bids
- Develops and maintains a strong working rapport with each key customer, vendor and subcontractor the company deals with to build trust and to source leads for new construction projects by keeping the “Company” name in front of decision makers.
- Ability to read mechanical plans and specifications
- Some estimating experience in a construction and/or HVAC environment within the
- NYC marketplace
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel).
- A strong desire to succeed.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a “team” oriented environment, particularly with Owners, peers and subordinates.
- Ability to create and maintain cooperative customer relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal skills