Prominent Lake Success Trust & Estates law firm is seeking an Elder Law Paralegal to join their firm. This is a temp to perm opportunity.
- Draft documents including Health Care Directives, Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney, Amendments, etc.
- Supports attorneys with various tasks including monitoring calendar daily, meeting with clients and preparing for upcoming meetings.
- Processing, and follow up with Department of Social Services
- Perform other duties as assigned including scanning documents and conforming documents
- Makes recommendations to improve processes that will increase the service quality and efficiency and responsiveness to clients.
- 1-2 years’ experience in preparing Medicaid applications, including Medicaid intake.
- Excellent client service and communications skills – both oral and written.
- Excellent proof reading skills and attention to detail.
- Solid organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Applications including Word, Outlook and Excel