Director of Legal Staffing
- Business Development
- Proactively develop new business within law firms and corporate law departments
- through target account management.
- Partner with hiring managers to understand their talent needs and consult on how best
to attract and hire the talent they seek.
- Translate client needs to the recruitment team for fulfillment.
- Join legally focused professional associations to network within the industry.
- Cross sell other TemPositions Group of Companies’ specialty divisions.
- Work with Recruiting Manager to ensure that clients’ needs are met, and open roles
- Network and source to identify top talent in the marketplace.
- Conduct in-person interviews, recruit and place top-tier professionals in direct hire positions.
- Operations & Administration
- Utilize technology tools effectively.
- Create & deliver marketing campaigns.
- Full P&L responsibility.
- Assure proper documentation of calls and activities.
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY:
- Manage a team of sales and recruiting personnel.
- Hire, train and develop staff.
- Coach and develop the team.
- KEY SUCCESS INDICATORS:
- Sales & Recruiting Focus
- Understand TemPositions/On Call Counsel and our points of difference.
- Manage target accounts and execute business development plan.
- Source, prospect and plan daily call.
- Execute customer service and quality assurance program.
- Demonstrate time management and organization skills.
- Meet minimum production activity requirements / KPI stats.
- Demonstrate local market knowledge.
- REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
- Service Orientation
- Consistently meet the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
- Provide timely, responsive follow-up; ensure that all are treated in a fair and respectful manner; talk and act with customers in mind.
- Sales Acumen
- Grow sales and client base through proactive business development activities.
- Demonstrate excellent client presentation and negotiating skills.
- Team Participation and Collaboration
- Work well and cooperatively with others.
- Develop and maintain appropriate relationships with others in the organization.
- Balance the team’s objectives with your own.
- Technical/Functional Knowledge
- Demonstrate legal industry knowledge or functional expertise within the legal industry.
- Apply your skills and business knowledge to maintain a high level of productivity.
- Delivering quality work and pay attention to all relevant details.
- Actively works to improve yourself.
- Effective Communication
- Communicate oral and written information accurately, concisely in a form appropriate
for the target audience.
- Provide information others need to know to do their jobs.
- Listen to others and respond professionally with timely and accurate information.
- Drive for Results
- Challenge the organization and yourself to excel and achieve results.
- Deliver results.
- Time Management, Planning and Executing
- Work with Manager to set clear personal goals and objectives.
- Keep track of critical information, schedules and deadlines.
- Work efficiently and contribute innovative and effective suggestions for improving work.
- SKILLS, EDUCATION &/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience highly recommended.
- 5 years sales & recruitment or legal industry experience
- 3 years of management experience
- D. strongly preferred
- Staffing industry experience is strongly preferred but not essential, however proven record of success hiring legal professionals is required
- Ability to build high-level relationships with professionals up to C-level client contacts
- Self-motivated and possess a sense of urgency to achieve outcomes and exceed expectations
- Professional appearance, demeanor and approach to work
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Works well in a fast-paced dynamic atmosphere
- Energetic and enthusiastic personality and fearless attitude
- Strong computer proficiency. MS Office Suite. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
CERTIFICATES &/OR LICENSES:
- None required