AcctPositions has been retained to conduct a search for a new Director of Development for our nonprofit client. This is truly an amazing opportunity for a natural leader with an expertise in fundraising development! The Director of Development will work alongside an award-winning executive team committed to growing the organization and making an impact on a global scale!
improve the development systems and work of the organization. In this position you have the incredible opportunity to utilize your fundraising expertise to create a new strategic fundraising plan for the organization! You will be responsible for assessing the development needs and implementing hands on strategies to dramatically pace the incredible work of the experienced program team. This is an organization with an amazing track-record and history of work but has not had an experienced Director of Development at the helm to capitalize on their growth potential. We seek a hands-on leader who can work independently with support of a Development Manager to grow the organizations capacity. The right candidate should be inspired at the opportunity to create a plan, implement it, and grow a full department over time. This exciting opportunity is for immediate hire and is a permanent full-time role.
- Lead and drive a new strategic plan on behalf of an amazing ground-breaking nonprofit organization!
- Work both strategically while executing hands-on development activities to grow the organizations funding!
- Be part of the executive management team while driving lean and effective fundraising efforts for the organization with the help of an experienced development manager!
- Interact and network with high level donors and foundations.
- Oversee business strategy and identify innovative funding opportunities and new sources of revenue.
- Review, revise, and implement the annual and long-term development strategy, providing insight and direction on each pillar of development and help to define a strategy for ongoing growth.
- Build a large sustained base of smaller and larger (annual) donors.
- Build major gifts from individuals and small family foundations.
- Meet regularly with the Executive Leadership Team and ensure that philanthropy and fund development are carried out in ways which align with the organization’s values, mission, vision, and strategic plan.
- Attend and put on events representing organization to existing partners and supporters.
- Develop and maintain e-marketing communications.
- Advise and assist on foundation and corporate grants.
- An interest in owning and leading development strategy for the organization; bringing/building a plan, evaluating the organizations opportunities and working to grow its success!
- Prior leadership experience in fundraising, development strategy, grants management, and grant proposal development.
- Persistent yet patient approach to development, in addition to experience coaching and mentoring internal staff in development best practices and strategy.
- Ability to work within an exciting, fast-paced environment while multitasking and meeting deadlines in a results-driven fashion; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investments in people and systems.
- Prior Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce or related donor database experience.
- Bachelor’s degree and or equivalent experience.