Director of Finance
Founded in 1962, The TemPositions Group of Companies is a privately-owned full-service staffing firm, based in Midtown Manhattan, offering temporary, contract temp-to-hire and direct hire services in over 10 specialized divisions. We are one of the largest regional staffing firms in the country, serving the New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, Florida and California markets. We pride ourselves on our unique approach to the staffing industry with a relentless focus on providing employment opportunities in a wide range of specialty areas, fairness for all, and giving back to the communities we serve.
We are seeking an individual to manage our financial operations and planning functions. The position reports directly to our President/CEO.
We have been recognized for our responsiveness and innovation through a number of awards and honors such as:
- The Entrepreneur of the Year Award
- The Excellence in Business Award
- The CIO Magazine 100 Award
- The Top 100 Businesses in NY award
Our clients, internal operations, sales team and finance group are all supported by our leading-edge technology which is developed and supported in house and differentiates us significantly from our competition in terms of ease of doing business and internal efficiency.
- Overseeing the financial operations of the company (payroll, billing, A/P, A/R, treasury) as well as the annual audit
- Analyzing performance on weekly and monthly basis including preparing a summary of each months divisional P&L performance.
- Assisting the managers in the structured planning process including annual business planning and quarterly reviews
- Handling business affairs of company including negotiating vendor contracts, leases, insurance renewals, bank lines etc.
- Assisting management in special initiatives including M&A analysis, bid pricing structures, etc.
- Reviewing/ negotiating client agreements as well as assisting in RFP submissions.
- We are looking for a take charge manager who is willing to roll up their sleeves and get the work done as well as managing a staff of 8. We use a leading edge proprietary front office search and retrieval and web-based time capture system, which interfaces with Microsoft Dynamics for financial reporting. The successful candidate will have demonstrated abilities in adopting new technologies and supervising the functions mentioned.
- Minimum 10+ years of finance/accounting experience with 5+ years of management experience
- Proven experience as Director of Finance or similar role
- CPA STRONGLY Preferred
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- BSc/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Previous staffing and/or SAAS experience helpful but not required.
- Staffing experience preferred but not required.
- Service business to business experience preferred
- Strategic planning and marketing experience beneficial
- Evidence of strong writing skills required