Urgent need for DSP (Direct Support Professional) in the Suffolk and Nassau County area. Varies shift available, 7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm, 11pm, 8/9am.
- Supervise and assist clients with developing independent living skills.
- Encouraging independence in basic living skills such as personal hygiene.
- Housekeeping and maintaining a clean environment.
- Prepare meals and assist clients in menu planning, shopping and laundry.
- Complete all required documentation and ensure that all logs are up to date.
- Provide intervention to defuse volatile situations that may arise between residents.
- If working overnights staff must be awake and alert throughout their shifts.
- Must have a High School Diploma.
- At least 6 months of previous experience.
- CPR and First Aid is a must.
- Valid NYS Driver License is a plus.