Direct Support Professional
Immediately seeking Direct Support Professionals to support children and adults with developmental disabilities. HHA or NA license preferred.
· Directly responsible for specific group assigned.
· Responsible for implementation and collection of data of daily and weekly programs as assigned by supervisor for each consumer in assigned group
· Assists in any clerical work (i.e. daily attendance, requisitions, trip lists, graphing data)
· Responsible for carrying out daily schedules as developed and planned.
· Instruct consumers daily in proper hygiene habits.
· Assists in accompanying consumers to the medical appointments and other services needed
· Participates in the floor management program which includes the following responsibilities:
· Working with consumers on house and room maintenance to include writing of work orders if needed.
· Ensuring daily evaluations are collected and handed in at the end of the day.
· Assisting the Unit Coordinator in the inventory and requisition of clothing and ADL supplies.
· Participates in training sessions and in-service meetings
· Ensures that program areas are kept in order.
· Participates in Activities of Daily Living Program.
· Assumes additional responsibility when assigned to maintain the quality of care for all individuals.
· Participates in and becomes certified in the following:
· CPR, First Aid, SCIP, Medication Administration
· Follows established Hawthorne Foundation, Inc. and Residential Services policies and procedures
· Assumes additional responsibilities as stated in training program
· Implements clothing control by making sure each room in the house are clean and dressers are well organized.
· Participates in all recreational programs
· Assures the safety and welfare of all individuals
· Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned
· Sitting, standing, bending, lifting, and moving intermittently during work hours
· Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position
· Must possess sight and hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of the position can be fully met
· Must function independently, have personal integrity, be flexible and able to work effectively with other personnel.
· Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
· High School Diploma or GED required
· Experience with children or adults with developmental disabilities
· Sensitivity to the needs of all consumers
· Directly accountable to the Residential Manager
· Indirectly accountable to the Supervisor of Community Programs