Direct Support Professional
We are currently seeking Direct Support Professionals to work within an organization that serves individuals with developmental disabilities in the Poughquagh, NY area. Under the supervision of the Residence Manager, the Direct Support Professional would be responsible for the provision of direct services for all individuals in the residence. In addition, the DSP will provide a normalized, therapeutic, and safe environment in the least restrictive atmosphere possible. Interested candidates will promote positive self-esteem of residents in a home atmosphere through consistent positive interactions, support, encouragement, and unconditional respect of individual resident rights.
- Work with individuals with mental or developmental disabilities by creating behavior plans, teaching self-care skills, cooking meals and doing laundry
- Assisting clients with daily personal tasks, including bathing and dressing
- Completing housekeeping tasks such as vacuuming, washing dishes and tidying
- Helping plan client appointments and organize a schedule
- Organizing with transportation arrangements to appointments
- Shopping for groceries and preparing meals that meet specific client dietary needs
- Encouraging client engagement in social networks and communities
- Adhere to the organizations Code of Ethics
- Effectively communicate and support the organization’s mission, vision, and values
- Accurately document service provision, daily notes, and other information as required
- COVID vaccination required
- Must be beyond probationary period
- Must have no disciplinary action on file for past 12 months
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds or more
- Daily standing, bending and lift
- Must be able to stand for at least eight hours at a time
This job is presented to you The TemPositions Group of Companies. Enjoy exceptional compensation, benefits, and a wealth of opportunities across a variety of industries and careers. To learn more about employment opportunities, visit our website at www.tempositions.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.