Direct Support Professional
Immediately seeking Direct Support Professionals to support children and adults with developmental disabilities. HHA or NA license preferred.
- Directly responsible for specific group assigned.
- Responsible for implementation and collection of data of daily and weekly programs as assigned by supervisor for each consumer in assigned group
- Assists in any clerical work (i.e. daily attendance, requisitions, trip lists, graphing data)
- Responsible for carrying out daily schedules as developed and planned.
- Instruct consumers daily in proper hygiene habits.
- Assists in accompanying consumers to the medical appointments and other services needed
- Participates in the floor management program which includes the following responsibilities:
- Working with consumers on house and room maintenance to include writing of work orders if needed.
- Ensuring daily evaluations are collected and handed in at the end of the day.
- Assisting the Unit Coordinator in the inventory and requisition of clothing and ADL supplies.
- Participates in training sessions and in-service meetings
- Ensures that program areas are kept in order.
- Participates in Activities of Daily Living Program.
- Assumes additional responsibility when assigned to maintain the quality of care for all individuals.
- Participates in and becomes certified in the following:
- CPR, First Aid, SCIP, Medication Administration
- Follows established Hawthorne Foundation, Inc. and Residential Services policies and procedures
- Assumes additional responsibilities as stated in training program
- Implements clothing control by making sure each room in the house are clean and dressers are well organized.
- Participates in all recreational programs
- Assures the safety and welfare of all individuals
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned
- Sitting, standing, bending, lifting, and moving intermittently during work hours
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position
- Must possess sight and hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of the position can be fully met
- Must function independently, have personal integrity, be flexible and able to work effectively with other personnel.
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Experience with children or adults with developmental disabilities
- Sensitivity to the needs of all consumers
- Directly accountable to the Residential Manager
- Indirectly accountable to the Supervisor of Community Programs