Well known hospital in Brooklyn, Manhattan & Bronx is
seeking Dietary Aides for long term assignments in their Food Service
department. Interested candidates must be flexible to work full time & part
time hours, as well as weekends and holidays. Full time work schedule will
consist of an 8 hour work day between the hours of 7am-8pm. Part time hours
will consist of a 4 hour shift between the hours of 2pm-8pm.
Those who are looking to join a highly motivated, growing
health facility are encouraged to apply for our Dietary Aide position. We are
currently seeking a Dietary Aide to prepare dining rooms and tables, provide
meal service to residents and maintain cleanliness and sanitation of dining and
kitchen areas. The successful candidate will ensure full compliance with
nutritional standards, internal procedures and government regulations while
preparing and serving foods and beverages to all residents.
- Sets up assigned trayline station with appropriate items in preparation for meal service.
Places appropriate items on patient trays according to the menu and the station tasks.
Checks patient trays for accuracy.
- Delivers loaded food trucks to patient wards; passes trays to patients with the assistance of nursing for patient Identification.
- Picks up meal trays after meal period; returns trays and trucks to kitchen.
- Delivers late or special request trays to patients
- Strips tray waste into garbage cans; runs reusable dishes, utensils and equipment through dishwasher, utilizing appropriate cleaning and sanitizing agent
- Removes bagged garbage from production areas to the hospital garbage removal areas.
Sweep and mops floors utilizing appropriate cleaning and sanitizing agent.
- Washes pots, pans and other small cooking equipment by hand utilizing appropriate cleaning and sanitizing agent
- Cleans tray assembly belt, small and large equipment, walls, fans and all other items and areas of food handling environment, both as part of routine assignments and as directed special assignments.
- Prepares snacks, supplements and tube feedings; dates, labels and delivers to patient units.
- Checks and documents unit refrigeration temperatures.
- Delivers nourishment's to patient units and clinics.
- Prepares and/or pre-portions cold items for tray assembly
Assist diet office in assembling patient menus prior to tray assembly when needed
- Receives, stores and issues food and supplies as required
Helps cooks in hot production; runs hot food to trayline
- Assist production and/or prepared items for routine and special catering events; delivers, serves and cleans up as per special function needs
- Prepare meals and beverages using specific procedures
- Serve meals using standards to maintain sanitation and quality
- Store stock appropriately in order to maintain cleanliness and prevent food spoilage
- Accurately record meals served and monitor temperatures of food
- Clean assigned dining areas using appropriate procedures
- Wash dishes and/or utensils according to acceptable standards of practice
- Ensure compliance with sanitation
- Participate in menu planning
- HS Diploma or Equivalent required
- Availability to work days, evening, weekends and holidays
- Minimum 1 year food service, dietary or restaurant experience preferably in a hospital or nursing home setting.
- Familiar with clinical diets
- Culinary and/or food service experience in a health care facility an asset
- Able to read and interpret common recipes
- Willing and able to work well within a team environment
- Strong customer service skills
- Able to work quickly and efficiently
- Able to stand for long periods of time and lift 30+ pounds