Wellknown hospitals are seeking Dietary Aides for long term assignments intheir Food Service department. Interested candidates must be flexible to workfull time hours as well as weekends and holidays. Those looking tojoin a highly motivated, growing healthcare facility are encouraged to applyfor our Dietary Aide position. The successful candidate will ensure fullcompliance with nutritional standards, internal procedures and governmentregulations while preparing and serving foods and beverages to all residents.
Proof of COVID Vaccination is a must.
- Sets upassigned trayline station with appropriate items in preparation for mealservice.
- Places appropriate items on patient trays according to themenu and the station tasks.
- Checks patient trays for accuracy.
- Delivers loaded food trucks to patient wards; passes traysto patients with the assistance of nursing for patient Identification.
- Picks up meal trays after meal period; returns trays andtrucks to kitchen.
- Delivers late or special request trays to patients
- Strips tray waste into garbage cans; runs reusable dishes,utensils and equipment through dishwasher, utilizing appropriate cleaning andsanitizing agent
- Removes bagged garbage from production areas to thehospital garbage removal areas.
- Sweep and mops floors utilizing appropriate cleaning andsanitizing agent.
- Washes pots, pans and other small cooking equipment by handutilizing appropriate cleaning and sanitizing agent
- Cleans tray assembly belt, small and large equipment,walls, fans and all other items and areas of food handling environment, both aspart of routine assignments and as directed special assignments.
- Prepares snacks, supplements and tube feedings; dates,labels and delivers to patient units.
- Checks and documents unit refrigeration temperatures.
- Prepares and/or pre-portions cold items for tray assembly
- Assist diet office in assembling patient menus prior totray assembly when needed
- Receives, stores and issues food and supplies as required
- Assist production and/or prepared items for routine andspecial catering events; delivers, serves and cleans up as per special functionneeds
- Store stock appropriately in order to maintain cleanlinessand prevent food spoilage
- Accurately record meals served and monitor temperatures offood
- Proofof COVID Vaccination required by Hospital Mandate - HS Diploma or Equivalent - Availability to work days, evening, weekends and holidays - Minimum 1 year food service, dietary or restaurant experience preferably in ahospital or - nursing home setting. - Familiarity with clinical diets - Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift 30+ pounds - Willing and able to work well within a team environment - Strong customer service skills - Ability to work quickly and efficiently Pay Rate: $17/hr