The Development Associate supports the Vice President, and other senior professionals, as needed to build and maintain fundraising and development initiatives. Responsibilities of the position span administrative duties to skillful customer service and relationship building with stakeholders and donors.
- Provides administrative office leadership and support through calendar and phone management, filing, ordering supplies, preparing presentation folders and preparing travel reimbursements.
- Prepares departmental correspondence including acknowledgment letters, drafts thank you notes and develops communications for individual and mass mail distribution.
- Scheduling appointments and coordinating meetings internally, with donors and the general public.
- Plans and coordinates the Board of Governors meetings and other donor cultivation events. Executes the logistics, follow-up and all correspondence.
- Maintains master calendar of events and deliverables.
- Makes calls to donors regarding outstanding pledges and contact information.
- Updates databases when necessaries, creating queries and reports in Raisers Edge in conjunction with the Director of Advancement Services.
- Works on direct marketing projects, which may include donor database entry and management, and editing and proofreading documents.
- Prepares meeting materials for senior fundraisers.
- Conducts research when necessary to gather information and data on donors, corporations and foundations.
- Additional tasks as assigned.
- Three to five (3 – 5) years related experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven customer relations skills; pleasant, "service-plus" manner in communicating with donors, leaders, and internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; Excel, PowerPoint and Raisers Edge.
- Work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize to manage event timelines and processes.
- Detail oriented and proactive.
- Ability to do basic analysis of fund raising data.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with all levels of staff.
- Experience in fundraising.
- Experience in Marketing and communication.
- Bachelors degree