Development and Alumni Relations Associate
- Support the Vice President, Director of Development, and others across the law school in planning and executing the full range of fundraising and alumni engagement activities.
- Coordinate and support planning and implementation of donor engagement, cultivation, and stewardship activities, including special events.
- Provide reporting and analysis to support fundraising and engagement strategies.
- Communicate and build relationships with donors and prospects on behalf of the client in connection with fundraising appeals, special events and other development efforts; includes solicitation phone calls and other forms of direct outreach.
- Assist in conceiving, planning and managing meaningful donor cultivation and appreciation events, as well as alumni engagement programs, such as networking events, and reunions, among others.
- Serve as a key point of contact for our alumni community, including the Alumni
- Association and other constituencies.
- Coordinate and support implementation and execution of all aspects of event coordination, correspondence, and outreach for a wide variety of alumni and community engagement activities.
- Coordinate with the Marketing in the development and production of all types of print and digital marketing materials.
- Assist in developing Annual Fund and other solicitation mailings and appeals (direct mail, email, online, etc.); assist in developing stewardship communications and development collateral; coordinate mailings and communications schedules.
- Maintain web presence and coordinate with Marketing on social media plans.
- Manage, collect, and update information for the alumni e-newsletter and assist in developing content that supports our fundraising and alumni engagement priorities.
- Help to maintain constituent and fund records.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of two to four years’ relevant professional experience, with development or alumni relations experience highly desired.
- Experience in the higher education environment highly desired.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- High degree of initiative and follow-through. Strong project management and ability to drive progress on short- and long-term projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to interact and build relationships with a wide range of people.
- Applies a client service mindset to all activities.
- Ability to work independently and on a team.
- Ability to analyze, synthesize, and present information with meticulous attention to accuracy and detail, tailored for the needs of the intended audience.
- Ability to manage time effectively and have excellent organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, database management software, and fundraising database (Raiser’s Edge, etc.) experience.
- Takes initiative in own professional development, including proactively identifying training needs and opportunities, and soliciting and incorporating feedback about self-performance.
- Maintain high degree of confidentiality.