Development and Alumni Relations Associate
Our client is seeking a Development and Alumni Relations Associate (the “Associate”) to join the client's Office for Institutional Advancement (“OIA”). The Associate will support the Vice President and Chief Development Officer (the “Vice President”) and other members of the team, and has a key role in driving progress toward achievement of the client's strategic priorities as part of a high-performing fundraising, alumni relations, and development function that contributes to the success of the client. This is an opportunity for professional growth in a unique, creative role with a wide range of duties and significant responsibility.
- Support the Vice President, Director of Development, and others across the law school in planning and executing the full range of fundraising and alumni engagement activities.
- Coordinate and support planning and implementation of donor engagement, cultivation, and stewardship activities, including special events.
- Provide reporting and analysis to support fundraising and engagement strategies.
- Communicate and build relationships with donors and prospects on behalf of the client in connection with fundraising appeals, special events and other development efforts; includes solicitation phone calls and other forms of direct outreach.
- Assist in conceiving, planning and managing meaningful donor cultivation and appreciation events, as well as alumni engagement programs, such as networking events, and reunions, among others.
- Serve as a key point of contact for our alumni community, including the Alumni
- Association and other constituencies.
- Coordinate and support implementation and execution of all aspects of event coordination, correspondence, and outreach for a wide variety of alumni and community engagement activities.
- Coordinate with the Marketing in the development and production of all types of print and digital marketing materials.
- Assist in developing Annual Fund and other solicitation mailings and appeals (direct mail, email, online, etc.); assist in developing stewardship communications and development collateral; coordinate mailings and communications schedules.
- Maintain web presence and coordinate with Marketing on social media plans.
- Manage, collect, and update information for the alumni e-newsletter and assist in developing content that supports our fundraising and alumni engagement priorities.
- Help to maintain constituent and fund records.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of two to four years’ relevant professional experience, with development or alumni relations experience highly desired.
- Experience in the higher education environment highly desired.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- High degree of initiative and follow-through. Strong project management and ability to drive progress on short- and long-term projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to interact and build relationships with a wide range of people.
- Applies a client service mindset to all activities.
- Ability to work independently and on a team.
- Ability to analyze, synthesize, and present information with meticulous attention to accuracy and detail, tailored for the needs of the intended audience.
- Ability to manage time effectively and have excellent organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, database management software, and fundraising database (Raiser’s Edge, etc.) experience.
- Takes initiative in own professional development, including proactively identifying training needs and opportunities, and soliciting and incorporating feedback about self-performance.
- Maintain high degree of confidentiality.