Developement and Alumni Relations Associate
The Associate will support the Senior Director of Advancement Operations and other members of the team, and has a key role in driving progress toward achievement of the Law School’s strategic priorities as part of a high-performing fundraising, alumni relations, and development function that contributes to the success of the Law School.
The highly motivated Associate advances the mission of the Law School by planning and coordinating a wide range of development initiatives, donor cultivation and stewardship activities, alumni and community engagement initiatives, and special events. The Associate will serve as an ambassador to the donor, alumni and broader legal communities, and will have interactions with donors, alumni, Trustees, partners and other external constituencies, faculty, and staff at all levels.
- Support the Senior Director of Advancement Operations, and others in planning and executing a wide range of fundraising and alumni engagement initiatives, and collaborate with others across the law school as appropriate.
- Coordinate and support planning and implementation of donor cultivation, stewardship, and special events
- Provide reporting and analysis to support fundraising and engagement strategies. Communicate and interact with donors and prospects on behalf of NYLS in connection with fundraising appeals, special events and other development efforts. Serve as a key point of contact for our alumni community, including the Alumni Association and other constituencies.
- Assist planning and managing meaningful alumni engagement experiences, including substantive programs, networking events, and reunions, among others.
- Coordinate and support implementation and execution of all aspects of event coordination, correspondence, and outreach for a wide variety of alumni and community engagement activities.
- Coordinate with the Marketing and Communications team in the development and production of print and digital marketing materials as needed. Assist in preparing written solicitations and coordinating mailings.
- Maintain Alumni Relations web presence and coordinate with Digital Marketing Specialist on social media campaigns.
- Manage, collect, and update information for the alumni e-newsletter and assist in developing content that supports our alumni engagement priorities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree.
- Minimum of two to four years relevant professional experience, with development or alumni relations experience highly desired.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, database management software, and fundraising database (Raisers Edge, etc.) experience.
- Experience in the higher education environment highly desired.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- High degree of initiative and follow-through.
- Strong project management and ability to drive progress on short- and long-term