Data Privacy Attorney
On Call Counsel is seeking an Attorney with three to five years of Data Privacy experience. In this role, the attorney will advise on GDPR, data protection and data privacy matters.
Candidates must have an understanding of domestic and international data protection and privacy regulations; and appropriate implementation of policies and procedures; provide strategic advice and counseling in connection with the development, collection, use, transfer and governance of data, including data analytics, privacy and security, and marketing, both from a US and international perspective.
- Ensure and track compliance with GDPR and other data privacy laws.
- Develop internal resources and training materials on privacy and cybersecurity-related obligations.
- Remain current on broad range of laws and regulations relating to data privacy, cybersecurity, and the tech industry.
- New York Bar Admission
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of data privacy experience
- Strong knowledge of GDPR, US laws governing data privacy, including TCPA, CCPA, and COPPA
- Experience drafting and negotiating business contracts and agreements (i.e. Franchise Agreements, IT transactions and agreements)