Customer Service Representative
Banking institution located in the Bronx is seeking a Bilingual English/Spanish speaking customer service representative. This position is temp to hire.
- Provides customer sales and service by different channels (telephone, email, website, etc.), while assuring a pleasant and professional customer experience.
- Receives incoming telephone calls and other communications and develops a friendly and professional rapport with customers.
- Answers questions related to deposits, withdrawals, payments, and additional customer requests on a timely basis.
- Documents and enters information in related systems.
- Effectively handles customer complaints and/or directs them to the appropriate person as it relates to other bank services.
- Identifies sales opportunities and provides recommendations to customers about products and services when applicable.
- Achieves productivity goals such as the number of calls handled each day and average call length, demonstrating ability to adapt and perform during high contact volumes.
- Follows up with customers in connection with service requests or other inquires.
- Communicates with customers through different channels to welcome them to new services or to assess customer satisfaction.
- Bilingual English/Spanish Speaking is required-you will be tested on this ability
- Communication ability including active listening and customer service skills;
- Basic mathematics skills;
- Proficient interpersonal relations, communicative, and sales skills;
- Time management and organizational skills to effectively multi-task;
- Working knowledge of bank retail products and services, along with the operating policies and procedures that impact these products;
- Moderate knowledge of current banking regulations;
- Moderate PC skills, including Microsoft Office software;
- Basic web navigation skills and experience
- Prior experience working in a bank or similar setting is strongly preferred
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED is required
This job is presented to you by TemPositions Office, a division of the TemPositions Group of Companies. Enjoy exceptional compensation, benefits, and a wealth of opportunities in all office related position. To learn more about employment opportunities, visit our website at www.tempositions.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.