Founded in 1962, The TemPositions Group of Companies is a privately owned full-service staffing firm offering temporary, contract temp-to-hire and direct hire services. We are one of the largest regional staffing firms in the country, serving the New York, Connecticut, New Jersey and California markets.
The Credit and Collections Manager oversees the Credit and Collections area, ensuring appropriate credit is assigned to customers, financial risk is properly assessed, receivables are consistently collected, and there is compliance within the company credit policy. In addition, the Credit and Collections Manager will participate in managing some facility needs of our beautiful Midtown Manhattan headquarters, including office supplies.
· Manages the Credit and Collections staff and the Facilities Coordinator.
· Trains and oversees employees involved in collection functions.
· Prepares employees to run and analyze credit reports per company policies.
· Provides directives and schedules for facilities maintenance.
· Conduct employee reviews of department staff.
· Interacts with all divisions to resolve credit and collection issues by navigating clients needs and circumstances.
· Generates regular Aging Reports to track and outline delinquent accounts for review by senior management.
· Identifies and assigns accounts that have been deemed delinquent.
· Creates processes and efficiencies for customers to pay invoices.
· Monitors employees issuing invoices and tracking payments per company collection parameters.
· Oversees receivables and ensures cash application.
· Analyzes credit reports of new clients and deem appropriate billing method of new business.
· Vouchers monthly, contractual invoices.
· Reviews corporate expense account to ensure proper use of company card and review regularly for fraudulent activity.
· Interacts with the office building personnel and management on all relative office issues.
· Inventories office supplies and orders new supplies as needed.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Understanding of state and federal laws pertaining to collection activities.
· Excellent decision making and judgment.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Ability to keep information confidential.
· Ability to exercise integrity and discretion.
· Ability to remain professional in confrontational conversations.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Great Plains software.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Management preferred.
· At least seven years of prior collections and office management experience required.