Corporate Tax Attorney
Our client, a prestigious and large international law firm, is seeking a Corporate Tax Attorney to join its New York office for a full-time perm position.
The firm has one of the largest private client tax practices in the world with over 150 personal and corporate tax Attorneys, assisting in domestic and international tax planning. They have advised over 25% of the Forbes 400 List of the Wealthiest Americans, 63% of the top 100 UK Sunday Times Rich List, as well as a significant number of families on Asia’s Huron Rich List. It is dedicated to successful people, their businesses and their charitable and philanthropic objectives.
The ideal Corporate Tax Attorney will have at least 3 years’ experience in a law firm's tax group or large accounting firm's tax consulting practice. The Corporate Tax Attorney will join the Tax Department and provide advice to corporations on sophisticated cross-border tax issues, as well as high-net worth individuals in their personal business endeavors.
This position will be an excellent opportunity for a Corporate Tax Attorney to join a well-established Corporate Tax group and gain further experience while adding value to a proven law firm. Compensation commensurate with experience.
If you are a Corporate Tax Attorney with at least 3 years of tax experience and you have the requisite qualifications, please submit a resume which highlights your relevant experience. We look forward to hearing from you!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in domestic and international tax planning
- Providing US tax advice to multi-national corporations on cross-border tax issues
- Providing US tax advice to high net-worth individuals and families in their personal business endeavors
- Advising on the tax benefits of charitable giving and philanthropy
- Keeping abreast on legislative developments and tax law changes in different countries
- Advising on the implications of major election results
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a law firm's tax group or large accounting firm's tax consulting practice
- Admitted to, and in good standing with the State Bar of New York is required
- JD required; LLM is a plus
- Strong drafting, writing, research and communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working on a variety of closely held company, investment and joint venture matters, including corporate governance matters and transactions (real estate, M&A, private equity and fund work) on either the buyer or seller side, manager or investor side
- Experience drafting partnership and operating agreements and associated governance documents a plus
- Substantive experience advising clients in diverse tax issues, including integrated federal, state, international, estate and gift taxes
- Experience with insurance, financial products, and taxation of compensation arrangements a plus
- Experience with international cross-border tax structuring (inbound and outbound, including working knowledge of Subpart F, PFIC, permanent establishment, tax treaties and other significant tax areas)