The Capital Markets & Corporate Department of the New York office of one of our prestigious law firm clients is seeking an experienced Corporate Paralegal.
This mid-level position will support the legal team of partners, associates and paralegals. The ideal candidate must have 4-8 years of corporate paralegal experience in mergers & acquisitions and general corporate transactional matters.
- Location: Midtown Manhattan (currently remote until further notice)
- Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (35 hour work week)
- Annual Salary: up to $100,000, depending on experience (exclusive of overtime)
- Coordinate and manage multiple transactional closings including, mergers and acquisitions, dispositions, private company financings, and capital market transactions. Public securities experience a plus.
- Organize corporate records and conduct due diligence reviews.
- Prepare and maintain closing checklist.
- Assist with entity formation, drafting of corporate organizational documents, prepare foreign qualifications, withdrawals, mergers and dissolutions.
- Prepare and file documents and forms for ongoing corporate operations, including directors and shareholders resolutions, amendments to articles of incorporation.
- Prepare stock certificates; maintain stock ledgers and capitalization tables.
- Draft secretary's certificates, bylaws, and operating agreements.
- Maintain entity minute books and entity ledgers for various clients.
- 4-8 years of experience working in a Corporate law practice, working on general corporate matters and transactions, specifically.
- Knowledge of the workings of a corporation, and a general understanding, appropriate for a paralegal, of Delaware and New York business laws.
- Experience working with governmental agencies and service companies, to file and retrieve documents.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills and demonstrated follow-through, including ability to anticipate needs through knowledge of past transactions.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities and multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work closely and build relationships with lawyers, clients and staff to achieve results.
- Requires a high level of collaboration and the ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and using the internet is a must.
- Working knowledge of iManage or other filing databases and web technology would be beneficial.
- Bachelors degree and Paralegal Certificate is required.
This job is presented to you by On Call Counsel, a division of the TemPositions Group of Companies. Enjoy exceptional compensation, benefits, and a wealth of opportunities in government and private entities. To learn more about employment opportunities, visit our website at www.oncallcounsel.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age, physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and women are encouraged.